HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

JASYN!!!-alternator upgrade...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: JASYN!!!-alternator upgrade... Reply with quote

gregorys doesn't have much at all on auto elec stuff...it just says refer to a reputable auto electrician! where did u get the rx7 alt for 80 bucks???!?!?!!?!?! i want one!!! u only need one regulator , i'd use the gemi solid state one as it's meant for gemi wiring and won't allow to much current or amperage to go through
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: redgem!!!-alternator upgrade... Reply with quote

Do'h, I was hoping to find some decent info on eletrical stuff from the Gregory's. I've still gotta get one eventually anyway in case of other stuff that i want to work on. I have to replace my drivers side tie-rod next, so i may as well grab it to do that. I hope it's a job that can be carried out with basic tools, otherwise i'm gonna have to pay some guy to replace it and get charged a small fortune for it.
The RX-7 alternator i got is rated at 65amps and i got it from a reputable rotary workshop here on the Gold Coast called Rotary Beat. You should be able to hunt around using the yellow pages to find one in Sydney, as Rotary shops should be plentiful in that area. I'm gonna have to chat to the auto-sparky about disconnecting the internal regulator and wiring in a solid state one. Thanks again for your info, i hope i can help you out with a query or two in the future.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Solid state regulator Reply with quote

I forgot to ask, There was a mention about swapping the original gem mechanical regulator over to a solid state item. Were any Gemini's fitted with one of these that i could find at a local wreckers?
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Solid state regulator Reply with quote

i found mine at a wreckers, u just got to look in every gem there to see if someone has replaced it already...it's about half the size of the original and should look newer, it's got a brand name on it i can't remember what though... tungsram or something... anyway that's how i got mine...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: