HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

weber problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: weber problems Reply with quote

i got a weber down draft from a fiat 131 1600 engine
i made an adaptor plate and fitted it to my tc paddack basher and ran inta some problems it would idle fine and rev all right if the throttle was opened slowly but if it was opened quick it would make a loud slurpin kind off noise and would bog down and stall/backfire is this because the carby is to big or is it something that can be fixed also the rest off the motor is stock
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: weber problems Reply with quote

sounds to me like u need to get it re-jetted to me....
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: weber problems Reply with quote

Maybe its the acelerator pump not squirting enough, I doubt it is squirting too much, as the carb is off a 1600. Thus, I doubt by any means it is too big.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: