HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP heater unit bother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

is it easy to remove??
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

very easy. undo two screws on the left side of the heater unit. remove the hoses (yeah, you may want to have a bucket ready or drain the cooling sys), lift off the plastic cover and slide the core out. thats if you're talkin just about the core...
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

is that in the engine bay? or under dash??
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

cause when my heater is on i get nothing. ive got another core from a wreck as was wanting to try it out. Also i get no air up on the front window to defrost. any ideas anyone?
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

mi td doesn't get no air from the demister either there is a flap that lifts to direct air up the demister pipes you can see this if you look in the hole were the air comes out at you feet it has a foam kind of seal which is probably worn out i made one from bike tube and glued it in also i blocked the demister pipe on the passenger side so the drivers side will fully demist

the heater cores are a pain in arse to get out as far as i know u have to remove the dashboard try reverse flushing it with the garden hose on full bore
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

Actually, only very easy if you have a TD model or later. Earlier models have the heater outlets coming out the firewall behind the engine head. these are a real pr*ck to get out, as you have to remove the whole heater unit.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP heater unit bother Reply with quote

no u dont it's quite simple to remove, did it last saturday, flushed the core out and big chunks of mud came out! once the water started flowing it then looked like chocolate milk, then once that was finished, clear water... Smile after that little expedition, HEAT!!! Smile i was so happy i finally have my warmth back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: