HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Central Locking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Central Locking Reply with quote

Comon guys, someone must have some info on installing central locking on your gem please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you could please email pics or anything, then emailing them to me (robbo@skins.nu), Pete (peteshaw82@hotmail.com) and NeWaZ (newers69@hotmail.com) would be thanked.

Thanks people, I know someone can help us.

Robbo
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Central Locking Reply with quote

I had an alarm installed and part of the deal was to install central locks.
I havent looked inside the doors to see whats in there.
dynabytes
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Central Locking Reply with quote

I is real easy, pics are hard because the motors are mounted behind the door.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Central Locking Reply with quote

mate i finally got some spare time and decided to give it a go...i have just finished installing the motors and am about to connect it all up...i will get some pics in a week or so when i can get hold of a camera

PS
i have managed to mount them in view in the door frame holes (not behind the actual frame).

this was much easier to work with, however required a lot of trimming of the metal rod that connects to the existing lock rods

for some reason i couldn't get clearance from the window mechanism when trying to mount the motors further back into the door frame, but this method has worked fine

anyway sorry for the long post and i will get pics asap

cheers
NeWaZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: