HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help Please, serious...motor problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

Ok Im about ready to boot the hell outta my car.

Ok well in a nutbag, The motor keeps overheating when I go for like a 10 minute drive without thrashing, driving normally with revs going up as high as 3-3.5 thou.
Well The thing is its overheating and losing water through the radiator overflow, not through the head, so i dont think theres a crack in the head. etc.

So I thought it was hoses and had one replaced (one that looked the worst) and then took raditor to get professionally cleaned out.
Still it overheats.

Im seriously pissed off coz a piece of aluminium is beating me.
I dont know what it is?
Plz help before i drive it off a cliff with me in it.
Hones
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

so did you check/replace the thermostat and radiator cap? is your fanbelt tight? Do you have good waterflow? Maybe its your waterpump? did you flush and clean the engine?
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

hahah yeah bro i would say chekc your termo and water pump
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Do it...... Reply with quote

I say go straight to the highest cliff, but go quickly so the car doesn't overheat before you make it - cause U R A fuckin idiot!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

rusty pump done that to me once, also replace or fuck the thremostat off all together, and also check the hose that sends water to and from the heater core. check it just behind the head, mine got like a pin hole in it and would over heat and lose water every 20 mins and took me fucking agers to find it!! hahaha
check or i will slap u!
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Do it...... Reply with quote

hahaha... diplomatic you ain't.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

hehe, i got the exact opposite problem, my gem just barely goes over the first line on the tmp guage. after some drivin, i can still open the radiator and put my finger in it.

think iz is have 2 chage temperature thermometer thingymybob, and thermostat, if that shit don't work, and new fukin wire to the guage.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Do it...... Reply with quote

on what basis you fucken dicklicker?

go fuck yourself mummas boy
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

yeh nah man i took the thermo out coz no point of having it, it was working fine and i got a high pressure radiator cap.
Im not losing water through anything else but the overflow.
is it worth getting a new head?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

If u cant sick ur finger in it after a short drive, u dont need a new earth wire.
thats fricken weird!
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: also Reply with quote

i took the water pump off that motor and she seemed a lil shitty so i put my old one back on and it was ok but i cant tell...
i tried taking all the bolts out but the guy before me didnt put grease on them and one snapped off leaving it in there....
so after a shitload of gaset glue all seems to be fine. it doesnt leak from water pump.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please, serious...motor problem... Reply with quote

Why would you take a perfectly servicable thermostat out you environmental vandal? ;o)
I think you should start by getting a new head and then rethink whats wrong with your car. You may need to get a new head for it too Surprisedp
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Do it...... Reply with quote

hahha the truth herts hey hones
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: also Reply with quote

Could be your ignition timing, either too advanced or heaps retarded will make the engine run hot.

BTW, why would you pull your thermostat out? Your engine will take longer to warm up without one, thats what they are there for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: