HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn Eggy re CDT Gem specs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Attn Eggy re CDT Gem specs Reply with quote

Hey Eggy,

Sorry didnt/couldnt get photo's to you. I do have another question for you though? I pulled the head down (CDT Head) and I had a rooted big valve head as well which I pulled down at the same time to compare bit's-n-pieces.

In comparing - the differences I came across were mainly in the cam and drive train rather than in porting and increasing the size of the combustion chamber (under side of head).

1. The springs had blue and gold painted codings on the bottoms of them? Anyone have any idea colour codings of valve springs?

2. The valves themselves had numbers stamped into the stems of them? Maybe hardened or something??

3. The cams were really different, and

4. The rocker arms had like these little shoes that were welded to the base of the arms. They would have increased the duration and depth to which the valve opens but were on the camsaft end of the rocker arm, the end that actually rests on the journal of the cam, if I can call it that??.

Ne-way I'm going to take some pics during the week while it's all striped down so I can show you what I'm talking about here if you want to see. Can you ask your mate if he uses a normal head gasket or whether he uses a copper sandwich setup? I was thinking that maybe the valves needed a spacer type headgasket, like a copper or alloy one to get the clearance needed for that extra valve lift??

Cheers - and sorry for the rant! I found it interesting comparing the two - looking forward to driving the fully rebuilt CDT S3 Gem Coupe even more.....*grin*!!!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn Eggy re CDT Gem specs Reply with quote

Send the photo's and I have allok for you as for heads and valve dif's cannot help as my mate uses a G200 Block and Head. Cams will of course be different as they were supplied with a TURBO grind

Cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: