HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RADIATOR!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: RADIATOR!! Reply with quote

i need to flush and refill my radiator, so i am just asking if somebody can tell me how to empty and flush the radiator (how do i remove hose or plug??).
And is 5 litres of coolant enough to refill?

thanx heaps
steve
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: RADIATOR!! Reply with quote

theres a hose at the bottom right of the radiator. get out a screw driver or socket and unscrew the clamp thingy on hte pipe and that will empty it. 5 litres will be all sweet too
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: RADIATOR!! Reply with quote

you should also remove the plug on the right side of the block and drain thru there too.
optional 1) for really crudded systems: isolate the radiator from the engine and block both hoses(easier to take it out. Fill with the recommended concentration of selleys CLR and shake it around. leave it stand for a few hours shaking occasionally. flush very well.
optional 2)once the system is back together, fill with white vinegar and bring the car to operational temp. let it stand for a couple of hrs (some say o/n, but be aware that even acetic acid will slowly eat alloy) Flush very well. (I did this on my TE and the cooling efficiency was much better) you'll need a bit more than 5 lt of coolant
sorry for the long post.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RADIATOR!! Reply with quote

sorry forgot about the flushing bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: