HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

interia out or in?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: interia out or in????? Reply with quote

in getting my car ready for painting and just want to know if its better if i rip all the interia out or leave it in. i have to take out my back window too and i want a good job done. so is it owrth the trouble or not.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: interia out or in????? Reply with quote

take it out, take everything possibly removable out/off! less to masking tape. and if you dont thay will take it out because they need to have the inserts out to take out the windows etc
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: interia out or in????? Reply with quote

im goin it myself neway
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: interia out or in????? Reply with quote

i agree take it all out makes life easy
cheers nik
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: huh? Reply with quote

i assume your not redoing ur interior anyway.... If you have the dorrs off:

why take it all out for? just pop the screens - which it sounds like ur doing.

pull the rubbers off the door jambs and run masking paper around the inside edge. ofcourse u'll have to remove ur scuff plates to do this also. Do the same with the screen openings.

If using newspaper - which is fine - run 3/4 tape along the long edge - ie 1/2 the tape on the paper and 1/2 free to stick to the inside lip of the jambs. Confused?

If you have the door on, run tape on the inside of the door gaps, between the a and b pillar and the dog leg aswell.

Use a white scotchbrite pad to remove the paint edge when ur done. Polish the area with a fine cut hand polish. - ie a liquid swirl remover. I think mequires #7 is the one.....

Cheers
Mooch

I hope i didnt confuse u.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: