HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

fixing tg grill in place..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

hey,
my Tg grill has lost its plastic clips that hold it into place (as i expect most have) and i was just wondering how every one gets theirs looking straight and held in place.
The two ends dont want to stay in place, should i heat em up and bend them to suit?
Its currently held in with cable ties, but i dont want this as i want it to look pretty sweet, without daggy cable ties all over the place.
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

My TE only has 2 original clips, holding the grill on, and if you can spot a cable tie from 2 feet i'll give you $50 if you hide them properly you can tell the difference, except cable ties will hold it tighter and better than the clip ever did, just cut them off real short.

That just my opinion though....

Cheers, Simmo.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

you can get little black clips from auto shops that sit in the place of the broken clips. thats what i did.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

u can get slightly bigger grille clips that are identical to the standard size ones, put those in and the grille shouldnt move at all
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

what I did with mine you can get these plasic clips that fit in the hole of the body with a flat face and a screw hole in it then I filed down the lugs on the back of the grille so the the grille sat flat again against the body and screwed it into place.
Les
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

The clips are available from the online shop
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: fixing tg grill in place.. Reply with quote

Simmo is right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: