HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Exhaust Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Exhaust Question Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am soon to be the owner of a TE Gemini. I would like to get a cat-back exhaust and nice sounding muffler.

What size do you think would best suit the stock 1.6lt engine? I thought of 2 inch as it would not lose back pressure. But, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks......Fromfy
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Question Reply with quote

TE's dont have cats

you might mean from the exhaust manifold back (the things that dump the exaust gasses from the engine into the pipeing)

that will be fairly cheap, alot of people say it dosnt make a difference and some swear it does but if you can manage to get your exhaust mandrel bent with straight through mufflers (no internal bends in the muffler itsself) you will probably see slightly more performance

as far as size its generally thought that 2-2.5 inch is a good size. I have a 2inch on my 1.6l TE and a 2 1/4 inch on my 1.8l TG.... either of those sizes will work

if you are in sydney try liverpool exhaust they did a mandrel 2inch for my mate for $260 pretty damn good
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Question Reply with quote

I did mean cat, just didn't realise they didn't have cats! Razz

I will go with a 2 inch pipe, and a straight through muffler like I planned. I just thought some ideas from people that know Gems would be good, thanks for the help.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Question Reply with quote

hey man i recommend exactly what you want, 2" with one straight through muffler...if you want to reduce the droning sound from the stock engine maybe try a resonator right at the tip...i put one on and it sounded a lot better

but is fine without

$200 in melb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: