HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

complience plates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: complience plates Reply with quote

i have a te with an unusual comp no.it reads ATE 12345 R B the R is a bit unusual if ne 1 knows what this means id b interested to know
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

Why is the R unusual? What about the A, and the rest of it?

I dont think it has any major signifiance unless someone has converted an RB into your TE. An easy check is to look on the gear shifter. If there are elastic hair bands wrapped around it, then you are driving a girls car (RB).
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

no other gem i have owned has had an r stamped on it.
and im not that stupid to own an RB.have you seen a c.d.t ??? it gets me thinking!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

cdt's were geminis bought as normal geminis that were then modified by a seperate entity i believe (kind of like what hsv does with the commodore).

therefore, any body stampings would remain the same Smile

-woz.

R=Rusting??
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

The format of all RWD Gems chassis Nos is 9 alpha numerics (eg ATE 12345B)
I think What you have is something unknown in Australia, else a bodgy done by a car thief.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

the stamp is not only on the radiator support , but also on the plates, and its a factory stamp not a bodgy after thought. but thanx 4 the imput!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

Are they normal Gemini compliance plates, or something that a grey importer might get when importing a 1 off car? Wierd....would like to know what this is.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: complience plates Reply with quote

im not sure,,, but im as curious as hell..
Its now an imitation c.d.t (all the right gear bar front spoiler) 6.5 fronts....... 8" rears.....heheheheheh
will be 4 sale soon.....when finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: