HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Parcel Shelf Template

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

How do I make a template for the parcel shelf so that I can make a wooden one??
BUSTEDASSGEMI
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

u wanna buy a ready made parcel shelf??????i have one made by Northfeild out of 16mm mdf and fits 6x9s.....fits very well and looks good.....40 bucks and its yours!!!

im in brissie(northside)

Van_of_Love@hotmail.com

or 0408 241 889 Smile
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

Fark that, make your own Andrew, why dont you go round to this lads house and trace his!
If you cant trace off someone elses, i would suggest using a sheet of relatively thin cardboard, bends easily and will as a result fit into the small gaps, yet rigid enough to hold shape, think it would get frustrating with thin paper or material. It will be trial and error, trim it rougly to fit, then try and fit it, take/bend bits as necessary to get the right fit. Might have to do that 10 times.
good luck
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

What's your time worth per hour? $40 is pretty cheap. We charge $135 to supply and fit a trimmed parcel shelf. Our stereo fitter uses the original parcel shelf as a template, but I take it yours is broken or missing. I don't think you're that stupid Andrew65! lol

Yonnee.
Smoking TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

if you want to put speakers in the parcel shelf, when you've made it, sit the speakers in and see if the will fit(mine sat too deep and were earthing out on either the metal shelf or the fuel tank)if you have this problem just cut out a smaller shelf the same shape and screw it onto the top of the other one to elevate the speakers. carpet both of them up,stick the speakers in and you shouldn't have a problem.good luck.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

Thanks gang.
I an not stupid nore am I that unco,but yes I am damn lazy.
And I recon that pros who fit these things for a living will do a better job than I could.
So BUSTEDASSGEMI you have mail my friend....
Thanks again
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Parcel Shelf Template Reply with quote

for mine i'm gonna use cardboard to make template for it. but my rear speakers are square in shape (6x9s but in square housing). i'm gonna angle my wooden shelf from back of seat to rear windscreen seal (ascending from seat) using brackets to the metal shelf. the speakers will sit on the metal shelf with absorbent material between for better sound but poke out of new shelf for visual effect. will post pic when i'm done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: