HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

doing up engine-some suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynabytes
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

Hi I have a stock engine in pretty good nick that I want to do up to put in my freshly painted gemini...
I have about 1500 to spend, what are some suggestions on what I could do to the engine to beef it up a little... it is the one with the electronic fuel pump not the mechanical one... the budget doesn't include fitting the engine as some is doing that for me...
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

if you have a good nick engine i would advise you keep it as a spare and pick up something ready to go in.or get a cheap block to work from. either way im sure you could get a pretty damned decent engine going for 1500 bucks. then you also hav a spare incase something bad happens to your main engine.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Sam's performance Reply with quote

if your in sydney they have them off the shelf, they have an add in the trading post 'from mild to wild',so im pretty sure they will have what you need. PLUS they arent some backyard dodgy brothers wrecking joint that will rip you off.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam's performance Reply with quote

Buy a G200 and do abit of work to that and that will flog a worked G160 or 161.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

Getting a second hand going engine is a good idea, especially since say a $2000 engine can be picked up for say a grand.

Check the trading post.
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

Or a $4K race prepped turbo 2ltr motor with custom made extractors, 32mm wastegate, hiflow T3 sucking on a pair of SU's with water/methanol injection and tough 5 speed box for $1200
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

turbo motors don't have extractors man
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: doing up engine-some suggestions Reply with quote

technically no, custom tuned length headers/exhaust manifold what ever you want to call it. Either way they cost $700
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: