HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

AUTO INTO MANUAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: AUTO INTO MANUAL Reply with quote

hey all. am putting a nissan donk into my gem. the gem is an auto but i'm getting a half cut with a 5spd box. the only thing i'm concerned with is that the half cut prob won't come with pedals. is it hard to change over the pedals? how much does it cost just to change them over?
oh, and do you think the new gearstick will fit into the gem console (you know, with it on that angle)? or will i need a custom centre console made?

cheers
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: AUTO INTO MANUAL Reply with quote

Answers in order of your questions
Yes. (But The pedals are only half your clutch problems with a Nissan)
Dunno.
No.
yes.

Sorry Im in a smart arse mood today. IT will pass.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: AUTO INTO MANUAL Reply with quote

don't worry - clutch will be replaced with something a little more..... shall we say brass buttoned? guess i'll have to pay some donkey to put the pedals in with the engine. not entirely sure what i'll do about console. the auto console is flat so maybe if i just pull out that stupid auto plastic gear selector thingy and put a boot in that will do? any ideas on that one?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AUTO INTO MANUAL Reply with quote

The console is the least of your probs. Just move the brackets to a position where it will go around the stick.

The pedals , from the Nissan, what will you do if you get them? Theyt aint gunna fit the Gem - get under there and have a look at how they are mounted. Your only bet is to mod the Gem pedals so they mate correctly with the piston on clutch master cylinder you end up using.

Dont ask me how, or what to use. In fact I am yet to see a post in this forum from anyone who has the full answer for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: