HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WATER COOLED TURBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: WATER COOLED TURBO Reply with quote

hi i was recently flicking through the trading post and noticed a 1.8 litre water cooled turbo engine for a gemi. i was wondering if its just runing an extra line off the radiator or what it is. and what benifets does it have if any or vise versa
cheers .
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER COOLED TURBO Reply with quote

Generally they plumb into the cooling system just by rerouting the heater hoses. Helps keep the car nice and warm during winter. Turbos last longer, dont get as hot, can help keep intake temperatures down etc.
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: WATER COOLED TURBO Reply with quote

yeah...

Some turbo's are water cooled, some aren't... i take it the set up you saw just used a water cooled turbo. I got a T2 with a water cooled turbo body and another T2 body that's virtually identicle without the water gallery through it ... yeah just plumbs off ya cooling system...
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER COOLED TURBO Reply with quote

hp wise is it any good??? and what is beter intercooled or water and by cooling system u mean off ya radiator yeah..
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER COOLED TURBO Reply with quote

Yeah, off the radiator. Its more of a reliability thing. Turbos last longer, less heat damage etc less likely to end up with a turbo glowing red hot. It depends on what boost your are running and the efficency of the turbo for making an intercooler worth while. Sometimes it will run better without them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: