HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

URGENT!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: URGENT!!! Reply with quote

buying a 1983 tf sedan. head gasket is shot to shit but guy is supplying new one. he tried to fix it and broke a plastic something or other to do with timing or something¿ does anyone know what this part might be? how much to fix it? please help as my other car that i was gonna keep until i got my imported engine has just died last night! need this urgently!

cheers
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: URGENT!!! Reply with quote

Timing chain tensioner dude. Motor out to replace is easiest way, but if you are really bodgy you can remove the studs from the bottom of the timing cover and just take the head of and do it in car. New tensioner is about $30 or so.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: URGENT!!! Reply with quote

thanks heaps mark. i thought it was that but couldn't remember what the guy said and didn't wanna go out and buy one if i didn't need it.
cheers
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: URGENT!!! Reply with quote

yeah tenision screw, you should ask hiim if he managed to salvage it, or if the basstard fell through. If it fell thorugh, you will have to go in and recover it form the sump.
cheers.......TIm
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: URGENT!!! Reply with quote

he snapped it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: