HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

water in my gemini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: water in my gemini Reply with quote

it was raining today n my gemini musta been leaking. i got out n the front passenger floor had a big puddle of water in it after i was drivin i dunno wear it come fromm the floor plugs are ther n r fine so i dunno if it come from the seals at the bottom of the dorr or from that hole behind the kick board. if anyone has an idea wat it is please tell me. thanx
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: water in my gemini Reply with quote

I used to get water on the floor of my first Gemini whenever I drove in the rain. Took me ages to find that the water was getting in where the aerial goes through the panel in the wheel well (which I think is the hole you're refering to). The grommet was missing.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: water in my gemini Reply with quote

There are a couple of spots I know of. behind the blower and around the boots of the wiring harness. Put some silicone around the boots. and on a dark night put a bright light in the engine bay and look at the firewall from under the dash. It won't stop the leaks but it will keep the chiropractor in business. Mine also used to leak where the 16million folds of sheet metal come together under the A pillar
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: water in my gemini Reply with quote

that a pillar leak is a factory option to toranas and gemi's and all other holdens of the era. thanks to a seam sealer that broke down over time. pull the dash out and go nuts with a brush on seam sealer and a 1/2 inch brush.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: water in my gemini Reply with quote

And of course, dont forget the old windscreen rubber too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: