HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TD tail lights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: TD tail lights Reply with quote

i wanna buy some shit house tail lights. im gonna rip em apart to make clear ones. any one got some?? how much u want? (*coff-coff* free *coff-coff*)
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: SR20DET Reply with quote

I wanna buy some shit house motor. I'm gonna rip it apart to make a fast one - anyone got one?? How much you want?? (*coff-coff* free *coff-coff*) hahahahahhashhh!! Just thought I'd try.....NO FREE LUNCHES HERE GENE - Move along please....hahaha - started yet??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

lol, nah iv started ripping it apart but thats about it to much TAFE at the momnet. but in 3 weeks i will have 5 weeks holiday and i should have the $$$$$ from selling my TG and i wil be goin hard!!!!
so i will give ya a up date. still trying to source a SR20 for a half decent price. im starting to think the FJ20 is more feezable
GENE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: FJ20 Reply with quote

If you can be bothered going to the effort - the FJ20 is definately the way to go - heaps more fucking around to fit though. I've changed my mind about the SR20DET too, if I don't get a good Piazza, I'm going to build my own combination of bottom end, CDT head and garrett turbo. Can't justify the difference in cost of the purchase for what could end up being a difference of 20 kilowatts??!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

i still want the sr20 if i can find it!! and ohh yes i can be botherd heheh
WHAT u mean the FJ is more stuffing around?? in what way??
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

Don't know cause I've never done it but for some reason everyone avoids the FJ20 because it's said to be an expensive conversion, do you have to cut the firewall to fit it?? is the starter motor in the way or something? I tried finding a bit about the FJ20 conversion on the weekend, but the guy took me for a spin in his before we got talking and we only just got going before the bonnet smacked up on the windscreen - he was pretty pissed and didn't really talk much after that, can't blame him really!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

was it in a gemini?? FJ2047 has on in his wagon and he didnt have to do any cutting. only where the exhorst goes on the fire walll thas cos he didnt get a custom exhorstmanifold, which i will be getting no matter what engin i get
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

Yep TD 4 dr. wasn't too bad - but for $7,900 I expected better! But all the same - he didn't get to smoke it cause of the fuckin bonnet coming up. What importers have you tried, is there a list of them somewhere on here??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

just the ones outta the yellow pages in my local-ish area
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ20 Reply with quote

ive been looking at buyin a gemi with an fj20 in it. the fella did the conversion himself (hes an engineer) and basically said that its not to hard to do, the main problem is under bonnet clearence cause the inlet manifold sits pretty high. u need a sump to b made and he made adaptor plates to bolt the engine up to the gemi mounts. the gear box crossmember was basically a coupla pieces of boxed steal beams welded together and bolted to the floor. the brake master was change to a tx 1 with a remoter filler just for a bit of extra clearence. the other thing to watch out for is that the shifter comes out very close to the handbrake lever so if possible try to mount the engine a bit forwards.
hope this helps, if i end up buying the car ill take pics and post em on the site.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: HEY WAY2LOW Reply with quote

Is that the pano you mentioned a while back? How much are you getting it for?? and yeah thanks for the tips on the conversion, photo's would be excellent!!
WAY2LOWatwork
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: HEY WAY2LOW Reply with quote

yer, its the same 1, i havent brought it yet cause ive also been looking at a s1 rx7 for around $6k. it has 17's, racing seats and harnesses, autometer gauges, s6 13b turbo, microtech injection, exhaust and front mount intercooler. plus the whole engine is polished and comes with a set of dragway mags with slicks.
the gemi is for $3k neg, but if i dont buy it my bro will, never the less ill post sum pics!
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: HEY ALL OF YOU Reply with quote

hey does anyone know details on the fj20 turbo? how much does a half cut cost? what kw does it put out at the flywheel? cheers everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: