HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brakes.WTF??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Brakes.WTF?????? Reply with quote

got another brake problem......
reco'd the master cylinder, but now every time i start the car up, and whenever the motor is running, the brakes have no pressure on the pedal. they still kinda work, but its fuckin' scary to drive.
its like there is air in the lines, but we bled the barstard clean and did everything by the book. im startin to think about replacing the whole damn lot.
anyone know what the hell is wrong with my brakes?????

thanks.
rob.
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakes.WTF?????? Reply with quote

i am having that problem at teh moment...

i havn't had anyhting changed tho.

i presume you have had the lot re tentioned and adjusted??? if so, take it to a local mechanic or brake / suspenion person, run it past them. see what they think.

i just need my hand brake adjusted once a month and my brakes are good for a few more weeks.

i should stop doing hand brakey tho.

-Rob-. DaGem1@hotmail.com. Red TC.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakes.WTF?????? Reply with quote

sounds like the brake booster is leaking. or the hose to it is cracked or you still have air in your lines.

1,re bleed the brakes again and see if it gets better,

2, when the engine is running have a listen to the brake booster for leaks, then turn the engine off and remove the plastic valve, if you get a presure relief when you disconnect the the booster is ok you just have air in your brake lines, try bleeding the brakes with the engine running.

3, another way of leting the tiny air bubbles out of your brakes lines is jam a bit of wood so the brake pedal is on disconnect your battery (otherwise you will have a flat battery in the morning) and leave the car overnight, I haven't tried it thou, but it is suppossed to allow the air to flow back to the master cylinder.

cheers
Eggy
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakes.WTF?????? Reply with quote

thanks, will try tonight.

looks like its the steam pipe for me......

cheers.
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: