HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Headlights Reply with quote

G'day,
Just thought I'd post a message to say that today I successfully upgraded from from crappy dull yellow sealed beam stock TE Gemini lights to semi-sealed beam bloody bright white 100/90 lights.

I went to the wreckers and got the lights off of an old Mazda 625, had to cut the mounts off, but other than that they fit right in.

I haven't done the wiring upgrade in the workshop section yet, but I plan to, the lights do work without it however, without throwing any fuses or melting any wires.

Goodluck to anyone else who is planning to do the same thing.

Robbo
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Reply with quote

Do you mean TD???

Its just that TE's have halogen insert bulbs dont they?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Reply with quote

Not unless they've been upgraded before. Came from the factory with sealed beam right up until TF SL/X and TG with the same front.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ...and Robbo, Reply with quote

As the old saying goes, "it won't happen overnight, but it will happen." It's not that the wiring will instantly burst into flames with your higher wattage globes, it's just that the extra current being put through the existing wiring and switch puts more demand on those items, and will eventually cause premature failure. A bit like putting out a bonfire with a garden hose.
Makes a big difference the new lights, don't it? Surprised)

Yonnee.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ...and Robbo, Reply with quote

Yep, I know what you mean, I will do that wiring upgrade soon.

When I bought the lights, I bought my friend a pair too, but they were only 60/55, instead of the 100/90 I bought myself. He put them in his Honda CBR 250 (with a little modification) about a week before I got mine in, and it looked super sweet. Now he wants brighter ones, hehe.

Robbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: