HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

your opinion please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: your opinion please Reply with quote

i am looking for your opinion on motors.
I want to buy a motor to slowly build while im driving my TE, my plan is that by the time i am ready to sell the TE, i will have a rebuilt motor which i can drop into the TD i intend to get.
I want a motor with a bit of balls that will bolt straight up with minimal to no mods. What donk would you suggest considering the minimal mod factor
cheers lads.........TIm
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

rodeo 4zd1
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

i had some sweet drags last night with a stocko old v8 falcon... i had two other habibs in the car too and kept up till i hit 4th gear and 110kph...

so yeah over the quarter he'd prolly win but i was impressed with the fastness of my car (or slowness of his)

was mad fun, both of us were smiling and gunning it bigtime until we saw cops on the other side of the road look at us and we slowed riiight down
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

if it was a sagged out stock 3 speed auto, it would have been the slowness of his car, off the mark. Once they get up there they move along alright tho.
Still cant see the relevance of this to my original post....;O
cheers
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

i say g200, then get an efi manifold...
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

I was thinking either the g180 or g200 sohc, i understand that the 180 is a straight bolt in, on the same engine mounts, using the same ancillaries (inlet/exhaust mani', distributor, alternator, starter motor ) it is more or less the same as the G161 but a size bigger. But what about the single cam 200, is this also the case, same mounts,ancillaries, ?? same driveline as the g161, will i need to upgrade brakes etc??
cheers.TIm
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: your opinion please Reply with quote

no upgrades, but i recommend going the 1.8 over 2l, simply for the versatility of it, i.e. yiou can swap and change heads, manifolds etc and it leaves your turbo options open, coz you can chuck on the 161 head for compression reasons etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: