HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters Reply with quote

instead of the holey 350 carby, i will go the twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters, can someone tell me how much this will cost. When we talk about twin does that mean there r 2 carby's or what, please give some info on the carbs as i got no idea as some of u may have al ready gathered. thanks heaps............

nathan.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters Reply with quote

here is a link that will show you webers,

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/

you will have 2 carbi's but really 4 carbi's as each weber is actually 2 carbi's in one unit so you will have 1 carbi of 40mm's per cylinder on a down draft manifold, you may have bonnet clearance issues, depending on the type (lenght) of bell tops you get, and your 75mm air cleaners, assuming they will be K&n 3 incher's which will probably mean you will have to cut the bonnet,

but this will be far better than a crude old 350 Holley,

have a look through the modified gallery there are gemis with twins in there
cheers
eggy
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: what sought of air filters would u recomend then Reply with quote

what sought of air filters would u reccomend so that i aint got to cut any holes in the bonnet.
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: what sought of air filters would u recomend then Reply with quote

cut the bonnet and have the chrome trumpets pokeing through. if you get sick of them then get the green coloured socks to go over them Smile
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters Reply with quote

cost new
Try $650 each for the webers
and from $120 for the K&n Filters.
+ manifold to mount them on.

What size motor are you running?
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: what sought of air filters would u recomend th Reply with quote

Great Idea then get defected for them sticking out Smile I suggest using 50mm air cleaners .... Michael
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: running 1800 Reply with quote

yeah im running a 1800 mate
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: running 1800 Reply with quote

have you considered Pervert's single side draft 45mm, Yes you will have to change you brake fluid reso but it will all fit under the bonnet and for $350 all up( manifold carbi and aircleaner, and about $100 for TX brake master cylinder and fitting at local brake shop, you are way ahead,1 good dyno tune and you should be away, and the 1800 will scream, easy to drive and regular tuning will be easy, much better than having to learn how to balance twins, it you have never had twin webers before I would recomend this option,

cheers
Eggy
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: running 1800 Reply with quote

I agree with eggy, although you can buy my side draft ( in adelaide not melbourne (sorry pervert!))
tdwepn
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: running 1800 Reply with quote

how often do u have to tune twin webbers?

cheers
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: running 1800 Reply with quote

when they need it and if you have them you will know, most times it is only they need balancing thou,

cheers
Eggy
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: twin 40mm IDF webers with 75mm Air filters Reply with quote

Hope you know what you are getting into. Read this old post.
Re: new photos of CuGem alan Thursday 9 May, 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: