HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

exhaust set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: exhaust set up Reply with quote

i want to put a sports exhaust on my gemini,will it make my car sound better? i have extractors n a hot dog. if i get the sports exhaust should i leave the hot dog on or off,and if i leave it off should i run it extractors hot dog sports exhust or sports exhaust than hot dog??
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: exhaust set up Reply with quote

well when you get the sorst done i think it wont fit so it will be erased from the system so go 2" it will be loud so its up to you
GemiChic
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: exhaust set up Reply with quote

I have the whole kit on mine, eg. sports exhaust, extractors, etc. My exhaust is 2 1/4 all the way through. I ended up having to put a resignator on it cause it was too loud.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust set up Reply with quote

i have a 2 1/4 inch system 4-2-1 extractors and a single
straight through muffler and it sounds good but is probably
defect loud but untill they get me i'm happy
ms_gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust set up Reply with quote

got a 2" system with 4-2-1 extractors s-trap turbo muffler and hot dog and the damn thing is quiter than standard(um but went better...boyfriend has got 4-2-1 extractors to a full 2" mandrel bend system...expensive but sounds f@&ckin awsome
tdwepn
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust set up Reply with quote

i got a 2.5 inch exaust all the way through , fuck it souded good when it was unregesterd with one resonater at the back ,but when i went to get the gemi regesterd i had to put 2 hotdogs on , one in the middle of the exaust and one before the diff, i had it db tested and with 3 mufflers it reads at 3900rpm 94db
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: