HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

weird vibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: weird vibration Reply with quote

Hey all, need some help just finished building the gem after 12 months and there's a vibration coming from the front it's there when you first start moving and when turning right, but not when you turn left it is also only when under power not when you push clutch in and coast along.

thanks

Macca
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: weird vibration Reply with quote

chicks dig weird vibrations!
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: weird vibration/need help Reply with quote

Gee thanks ben, but if you or anyone else has a real answer to my question I would realy appreciate your help as I dont really have a clue,I thought it might be the diff.

cheers
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: weird vibration Reply with quote

If it's coming from the front end, then that pretty much rules out the diff. Maybe its a rotor, maybe its something else. Its a little hard to figure that one out without actually driving it. Try taking it to a mechanic that does free quotes, take it for a spin with him in the passenger seat, and see what he thinks...
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: weird vibration Reply with quote

Thanks but I worked it out we had the engine mounts on the wrong sides just swaped them over vibration gone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: