HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tassie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Tassie Reply with quote

who is from Tas? what model gemini have you got?
what mods have you done.

cheers
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tassie Reply with quote

you know me.
Turbo, EFI (now),g161 bored to fit 2l pistons machined to lower compression, O ringed ,1mm copper head gasket etc.
lowered with pedder springs and shocks, 13x7 deep dish, green.

Nick

PS hows the carbies?
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Tassie/ Nick Reply with quote

Hey nick
how's it going, I have'nt put them on yet only finished building the gem 2 days ago and my mechanic mate wants me to get few klicks up before putting them on. How's it go with the turbo on? hey are we the only one's from TAS it's a shame i've got few parts that I want to off load.

hey do know the installer's at the derwent park autobarn? are they any good,could you let me know who to talk to there

cheers mate

(sorry for the long post)
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Tassie/ Nick Reply with quote

i did have the guy from hobart autobarn to work with me for a day....but i dont know what kind of workmanship thay have there....and dont remember his name..

ive still only got 700 kms on this engine so far..the one you saw was the original engine i think. broke number 4 piston didnt know why.then rebuilt another one did every thing like 2l pistons,o ring,copper head gasket,3 angle valve job etc.only did 370kms before i broke 1 and 4th pistons. worked out that the timing was at fault,running to much advance (going to about 35 deg). this time have it set from 10 to 20 deg...

running 10 psi boost.i doesnt seem that quick ill know when the new drag season starts. i also have a intercooler and BOV to go on and up the boost to 15 psi.

there as a post about 3 weeks ago. someone from launceston was asking about turbo cars in tassie. so there is more than just us maybe thay missed the post.

and you thought your post was big.

Cheers
Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: