HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Heater...seriously....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Heater...seriously.... Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any heater upgrades for the gemini? i drive to ballarat every day, and it is getting too fucking cold to not have a good heater. seriously, it is shitting me to tears...i now cringe when i have to drive me gem to uni..SO FUCKING COLD!!!!![shiver...tremble tremble...brrrrr]
anyhow, help would be appreciated.
thanks.
rob.[not trolling either]
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Heater...seriously.... Reply with quote

why upgrade them? if there is something wrong with your factory unit take it to a radiator place and get it fixed up. They blow quite hot when they work i think (mind you i have only had one unit work for me, once, before leaking shit all over my carpet!!)

in goes the U piece Smile
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater...seriously.... Reply with quote

Yeah Rob,

1, sollution is it warm the car up a bit before leaving, or cover 1/4 of your radiator on cold days experiment and you will work it out, I have the same problems when I used to commute to the airport and I also used to get carbi freeze on icey cold mornings, you will not get this due to you using LPG, but on petrol with a 32/36DGV I used to just get to Diggers and have to stop for 5 mins while the carbi defrosted.

Solution get the heater core cleaned and tested, undo a screw between the hoses under dash it will pull out,

also check your hoses if you have the water exiting the motor through your mixer and into your heater then that will not help you keep warm either, but if you run it the otherway you may get mixer freeze by Gordon, so the car will come to a halt,

another option would be to put in a hotter thermostat,( will openn at higher temp), that way you can keep the temp in the motor & heater & mixer, due to how bloody cold it is on your way to ballarat.

plan B: add a turbo and water cool it, ie water through turbo then mixer then heater, you will know all about heat then... as well as a toasty warm passenger foot well.

just some thoughts,

cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: