HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FIBERGLASS PANELS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: FIBERGLASS PANELS Reply with quote

i curently dont have a gemi but in the near futer as in as soon as i get a job am going to buy a tc or td coupe.
but was wondering with fiberglass panels do u need to get them tested for strenght by the rta or somthing simmilar? i mean for a every day driving car.
not a drag car. as my dad works for a aircraft company and can and will make a set of fiberglass panels for me and i was wondering if there legal on the roads and if they have to be checked or what u have to do.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: FIBERGLASS PANELS Reply with quote

well it would be cool. i would speak to a engineer about it but if you can buy fibreglass kits of cars and rego them then why the hell not hey??
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: FIBERGLASS PANELS Reply with quote

Hey SLeeKGreeK,

If you could make a left and right hand guard bonnet and boot lid out of fiberglass for my TE gemini I would pay good money for them and so would a mate of mine too. So e-mail me at djsimmo@optushome.com if your interesed in makeing a few pannels boot lids or bonnets to sell.

Cheers

Simon
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: FIBERGLASS PANELS Reply with quote

I'd be all in for a fibreglass bonnet but I don't know whether fibreglass front guards would be a smart idea. There seems to be a little bit of body strength supported by these, so replacing them with fibreglass may increase body flex.

That is unless you brace the shock towers as a precaution maybe. Interesting idea though Smile
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FIBERGLASS PANELS Reply with quote

gemini panelvans have fibreglass panels if this helps, benjamin made a good point bout the guards for body strength, although a fibreglass bonnet and boot would be nice, u would have to make a mould to build these and why not make several bonnets/boots etc, make ya self some dollars, $$$$$$ching ching$$$$$$
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: CARBON FIBER PANELS Reply with quote

i am geting my dash and door papds covered in carbon fiber at mates rates, i also asked him what a carbon fiber bonet would be worth. i neary passed out! hehehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: