HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serbpride
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: stereo Reply with quote

i am wantin 2 put a system in my car and so far this is the set up im wantin 4 shove into my 82 gemi,
jvc kd-sh77r headunit
jl audio 6x9'z
jl audio front splitz
2 channel kicker amp kx200.2
4 channel kicker amp kx400.2
and 2 15 inche jl audio subs

how much db wuld i expect from this system??
i wuld lyk a few peoples opinion on this stereo setup.
once againz thanx
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

are you seriously going to put that extra shit in a gemini.

2 x 15 inch subs?? where??? why not strap them to each side of your head or go and get a commodore..
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

a commodore with 5 spoke mags/pursuits, sports exhaust and monster tacho!!!! automatic of course;)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

i have a similare system, keanwood head unit lanza splits kenwood 6x9's rockford 400watt amp and two 400wat bloupunkt amps and 2 mtx thuder 6000 15's. its well over 140db.

use ya 200watt amp to run the splits on high pass, run ya 6x9s of the head unit. use the 400 watt amp for the subs.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

you don't want to put all that shit in it it will only way it down and if its stock you don't want to do that anyway cause we all know how well stock gems go Smile ha ha
jess
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

I have a parcel shelf made up for 2 x 12' subs fits snug but fits all the same. U could easily fit two 15' in the boot if u can fit two 12' in the parcel shelf. I don't think the 2L will have much trouble hauling it either once it is all together...
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

he asked a seriouse question how many dbl he will pull he dosnt want to buy a comadore as they suck dick hes fond of his gemi. if theres a equation that can be used to add up what dbl u get i would be interested as well as my bro has the loudest stereo ever.
a straight answer is good
.....Razz
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

well if it is stock u have to have tunes for the so called "coolness" hehehe
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

sounds like a nice system similiar to what im running at the moment one mistake i think i made was running 2 15 inch subs instead if 2 12 inch subs. the bigger the sub the bigger the amp you need to run it. 1 600 watt 4 channel to be exact and kenwood splits ip front and 7by tens in the rear shelf. db readings off the amp are at around 120 db
serbpride
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

right.. thanx 4 thatz :S
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

huh? thats how i aded extra "coolnes to my silvia!! hahah stock autos dont go down nicely! haha
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

i have the same size system as u
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: stereo Reply with quote

It's a bit hard to try to use equations to determine the approx. SPL (sound pressure level) of a system due to the fact that not every speaker is built to exact specifications and that goes the same for amps and head units. For example say you have a system with
2 6.5 splits
1 12 subs
1 1000W amp
1 100W*2 amp
The box for the splits may say 92db/1W/1m but in practice the left may be 91db and the right 93db.
Then take into consideration that the amp is running only 98W*2.
Now we move on to the sub which has even more factors to consider. The type of box you use for a sub can impact its SPL capabilities because a ported box on average is 3db louder than a sealed enclosure and if you were using a bandpass enclosure it would depend on how the box was designed to determine its capabilities.

And if you thought that would be difficult now you have to decide where you want listening position to be because you then have to take into account the acoustics of the car.

So for the easiest way ether get your hand on an SPL meter which is capable of reading level up to and over 160db or get in contact with you local car audio/entertainment store and see if the have the tools to do it or know of someone who does.

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: