HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bought me my gemi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enemy_g13
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: bought me my gemi Reply with quote

ok people, i finally got me my gem. 1800 5 speed tf, and look very nice indeed, pics will be sent in soon. But i am not a very avid motor type guy, in fact i know nothing at all, so i am after a bit of help. i want to put a weber on it but am not sure of what sought of weber to get, as i said it is 1800 motor, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. also once the weber is on it i want to connect up a unifilter air filter, i realise that i can not exactly put it in place of the old shitty stock filter so i will have to run a tube from the carby to somewhere and hook the filter on to the tube, but where is the best place to place the filter, i was thinking in front of the behind the cooler, as air would be cold and somewhat presurised, but really i dont know, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated also. and last of all where can i pick up a set of 95/96 celica back and front seats to fit into my baby, i have tried every where practically in adelaide but cant seem to find any.......... thanks all.

enemy............................
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: gottem Reply with quote

i've got 96 celica front seats in my baby. got them from A1 Auto's on Grand Junction Rd. www.geocities.com/mygemi
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: gottem Reply with quote

i wouldnt bother so much with the filter and turbing... the benefit from this is arguable...

save your money and ask ben wight bout his carby turbo setup, much better value for money and the air really will be pressurised!

Also the air behind the radiator is not cold and definatly not pressurised.. if you wanna place a cold air intake then its better of heading direct into the wind on the front of the car where the movement of the car will compress the air slightly... read www.autospeed.com articles if you want heaps of info they seem to like that stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: