HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help timing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Help timing Reply with quote

Can anybody give me the timing for a g1800. Is it the same as the 1600. Thanks.
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help timing Reply with quote

Just keep advancing the timing until it starts to ping when you flog it real hard. My g200 with a 1600 TG head can handle about 10 degrees static running premium ULP + octane booster (And valve lube).
davo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Help timing Reply with quote

How do you run u.l.p. Not good for valves. What is valve lube.? I will try 10 degrees first. I will get back to you thank for the help
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Help timing Reply with quote

You can run ULP or PULP so long as you as some lube in the fuel. LRP is just ULP with some sort or petroleum oil in in it to cushion the exhaust valves. Newer cars get away with running ULP straight by having harder exhaust valves.

You can buy upper head / valve lube from marlows or repco or where ever.

The better fuel you use the more advance you can run and the more power you can make.

If it pings at 10 degrees take two degrees of and keep trying. If not then try 12 etc . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: