HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need paint job <$1000 brisbane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben W

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Any one out there know where I can get a paint job for under a grand in brisbane?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

try petes paint and pannel up at redcliffe. he is pretty cheap and he isnt dodgy either.
spud
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

i will do it for $1000 hehehe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Ill do it for u for $900. It will be good practice for my car as ive never done it b4. Since i told u that ill now lower my price so $800 will do.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

i have 1 car experience! hahah i will do it for $850
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

ok $700 is as low as i can go
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Do it urself !?
$100-$200 4 paint, $50 or so for compressor/gun hire.
Well that's what i would do.
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Theres also the cost for papers, thinners, primer and body filler Smile

Thank god my dad served an apprentice ship as a panel beater and my next door neighbour runs a crash repair shop Smile
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Just do it yourself man or pay me. Iam goin to paint mine in about 2months time. Ive figured out the cost of all the shit that i need e.g tape, taper, paint, bog,sandpaper, thinners, rust converter, stripper(for when i get bored), primer and paint and clear coat. All should cost about $400-500 depending on the quality of the shit.

cheers
mick
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

you wait until you start preping the body,

then $2000 sounds cheap for a good respray, particularly if you cut corners and spray an shitty body because you could not be fuck preping it, then it starts rusting again after 3 months, I have seen this happen...

it's funny to watch people who will not spend money doing it properly the first time,

cheers
Eggy
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

Me and my dad and his mate prepped and sprayed my mums old sigma. Only took a weekend to do and the finish came out pretty nice, not show quality or anything but it looked pretty neat all the same.

However my dad has had years of experience doing it, I guess that helps.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: need paint job <$1000 brisbane Reply with quote

I reckon if you have the time, patience, and room/good garage, do it yourself. Pratice on a scrap panel till u get your spraying pattern right the go ahead. Spraying it is the easy part, preparation is the hard, long, boring part.

I sprayed my old Hj premier (in that green/yellow colour like draggos wagon, plus i did it before him and many others that are doing it, plus the paint shop reckoned it was a shit colour) myself in a cramped single garge and it came out better then my HQ ute that i got professionally sprayed and it only cost me $450 all up(remember gemini will need less paint). You will find that if you do it yourself you can take your time and focus on detail and spray things like air cleaner etc that panel shops wouldnt do.And also you find the paint shop will give you useful help.

Anyways most panel shops hand of there easy jobs (ie small geminis) to their 17yo appretices who are crap.(i had a LOT! of trouble with my HQ ute ie when buffing they scratched the entire side of the car with there belt buckle, had parts that were overbuffed etc etc BIG pain in the arse)Plus, most panel shops are a rip of

BUT.. if you dont have a good CLEAN! garage then go for a panel shop, but try talk to who will be painting it, to see if they are experienced.

hope this helps you decision.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: