HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Seats Reply with quote

The seats in my vanwagon (heh still in the conversion process Smile ) are pretty screwed. They are the crappy vinyl ones and they've seen better days.

Are there any models of gemmi seats with velour trim that will bolt straight in ? (ive got a 82 tf btw) I'm gonna put seat covers on them but I'd like velour since that should hold the covers better than the slippery vinyl.

Thanks
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

My brothers G/F had a TG SL/X, it had original full velour trim on the front and rear seats. But had the vinyl on the door-cards with color coded carpet at the bottoms. So i'm assuming that the SL/X models had an option for velour trim (cant be bothered grabbing my book to be definate). As for bolting straight in, i also assume that all Gemini's seats shared the same rails and bolt configurations. So they should go straight in.
Jasyn...
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

Howdy Boog....
My TE came with the light brown vinyl, seats, doorcards, dash......I went to the wreckers, as i was in need of two front seats, They had a green TE with full velour seating, so i assume you may have had the option of buying with velour or vinyl??
ANyway, this TE had velour, hope that helps
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

Yep, my crappy daily driver TE SLx has velour seats but it is like the ribbed velour. If you wanted to put these in a wagon im not sure if the back one will bolt in. If you have a back seat at all?
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

I have a pair of TD SL/X seats to go into my van - they're the same design and shape as a TD seat, only in ribbed velour. They're in pretty good nick, which is good.

I reckon the TX-TC-TD-TE seats are more comfortable than the later TF-TG seats - two of my mates had TGs (one still does) and they both agreed that my TD seats are just a little easier on your arse.

But yeah, any T-series Gemini front seat will interswap with any other one.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Seats Reply with quote

i thort 75 tx seats had the wierd 'bolt thru the floor' thing?

or do they all? i have only ever seen the bolt thru the floor and the seats in my zz... which have a /------_ thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: