HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Removing my Cat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viper gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

I got a 4litre v6 on lpg headed for my gemini and i was wondering if i removed the cat how much more power i would get its on compression 10:1. Just an estimate guys
cheers
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

should be good for low 9's easy.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

Not much. If you legally need the cat, then get a hi-flow cat. Fine for not having a cat when you legally need one are like $20,000.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

It depends where the cat is. Sometimes my cat is in the cabin and I think the extra weight wouldn't decrease performance. My cat has never been caught in the fan belt or sucked in the intake, but if you find your cat is in one of those positions then performance might be markedly improved by removing it. Where is your cat located? With cooler weather coming on, it's a good idea to check your engine bay for presence of a cat as an exploding cat can be messy to clean up.
Viper gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

my cats under my back wheel just where all cats should be (meomeomeomeoahrahrharhhahrhr)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

my cat is usually asleep on the bonnet of my warm gemini and shits itself when i start it up and rev it

also messy to clean up...

i dont think the folks would be too happy if he was under the back wheel...
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Removing my Cat Reply with quote

So you're the guy who wrecked our Christmas 3 years ago. RIP Rupie. Sob Sob. Surprised(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: