HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attention Racegem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Attention Racegem Reply with quote

Hey Racegem, is there anyway of gettin single side draft webers on my TE with a G200, without having to get TX brake booster and fillers?? Can't i just get ram tubes with socks will that work and how much are they? Cuz the only thing that hits is that Air filter, i have a Redline filter on there now, and it don't fit. any help would be great, thanx mate
cheers
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: One word... Reply with quote

....DUNNO. Surprised)
Sorry but I haven't played with side-draughts. But it should work with the socks. I'd have to look them up.

Yonnee.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: One word... Reply with quote

a couple of options,

1, change sircleaner for socks,
2, tap treads is current master cylinder and with some brass fittings you can connect a remote master cylinder,
3, you can also get, ( hard to get but), special ram tubes for webers that have a ben in them, if not you could get them made from some mandral bends,

cheers
Eggy
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: One word... Reply with quote

hey thanx eggy, just one question, have you ever done option 2. b4? I kinda have no idea what you mean, but it seems pretty dodgy. I don't want my brakes failing while i'm doing 100k's down the freeway. Can i have more info on what you mean please?
cheers mate.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: One word... Reply with quote

Yeah, I've done it on my TG PV, it has 2ltr & twin 40mm webers,

what I did,
bought a 2nd hand master cylinder, and a seal kit,

stripped it down,

and bought some brass fittings and brake fluid resistant hose,

Work on the master cylinder,

Machined the top collar off the cylinder and exposed just the holes where the fluid reso fits in, tap these and fit brass plumbing fittings with teflon tape, you may have to file the outside edge of the brass fittings, it's a little bit close,
and attach your hoses to the TX reso,

that way I did not have to have the brake lines changed as the TG master cylinder is considerable different to the TX,

Love to take a photo for you but cannot see it behind the carbi's,

cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: