HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Kalmaker(delco) & Quad throttle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Kalmaker(delco) & Quad throttle? Reply with quote

Gday,
Just wondering if anybody out there had any ideas if the delco computer could be used on a G200 SOHC with quad throttles. Would a box need to be made to house the ram tubes and then a MAP sensor on the end? Im looking into this option as the actual quad throttles will set me back about $1000 bucks complete with fuel rails adaptors etc. However i think a aftermarket computer is a few to many $$ on top of my expenses so i was wondering if the delco sytem could be used or if i should just forget everything ive said and stick with the rodeo manifold etc.
cheers
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kalmaker(delco) & Quad throttle? Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge it 'should' be workable, you should have a chat to someone at a worksop that has experience with Delco systems.
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kalmaker(delco) & Quad throttle? Reply with quote

the whole idea of quads is to allow as little restriction as possible for the air entering the cylender. therefore, there are a few things that just dont work out for what your wanting to do.

putting an air box around the trumpets wont only help undo the performance that quads provides, it wont work because a map sensor needs to be behind the throttles.

what you need is a ecu that uses throttle position mapping for the injector timing. i believe that a map sensor on quads just wont work.

dont know if the delco system can be modified for this.

-woz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: