HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brake Bias

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Brake Bias Reply with quote

G'day,
My 1980 TE Gemini SL has been lowered a few inches, which has made the brakes assume that the car is under heavy load and therefore there is more bias on the rear-wheel brakes. This causes the rear wheels to lock up before the front ones, which is quite entertaining but bloody dangerous. I have heard something about a brake bias valve or something similar... basically how do I modify the bias.

Robbo
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Bias Reply with quote

The gemini does not have any rear brake bias based on load or height, so the problem you discribed is not a "change" in proporsioning. (Im not saying that is is correct from factory Im just saying it hasnt changed) I would say its more a suspension issue, I.E. its probbally now binding ( it doesnt like being just thrown in and tightened up) go back over all the bolts and do them up to spec (if you havent got it Ill tell you) next if you really must change the front to rear ratio, and I have, you can go and buy an after market valve and put it in or if it only a small change your chasing then you can shim up the valve in the car (someone might be able to tell you becuase I dont have a TE but I think the proporsioning valve is still seperate in the TE under the master cylinder the later ones are part of the master cylinder) .. Have fun ... Michael
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake Bias Reply with quote

Ok, thanks mate... I'll look into that, and if I am still having problems I'll make another post.

Robbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: