HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: Yonnee...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Attn: Yonnee... Reply with quote

I have been stuffed around by my local Autobarn, they have failed to order the Facet pump i asked for (the 105), and my pump finaly died last night on the way to the servo. My dilema is this, no-one else but these guy's will get the pump in for me. But like i said i have to wait until they get their shit together, but they did tell me that thay have a couple of the FUE-40106's in stock. They told me that it would be fine to hook up to my 2 litre, but i was under the impression that these pumps would have too much pressure and were specifically for V8's. i need this pump A.S.A.P so i want a second opinion before i end up flooding my engine and returning to them with a scowl on my face. Engine is stock now with minor mods planned. So is the FUE-40106 O.K to use on a Rodeo 2 litre with Nikki carb ? Will it need a pressure reg. ? I'd rather not have to go to the expense of fitting one just coz some guy couldn't sell me the right part.
I need this info as i have to work, and need the car to get to and from work.
B.T.W the external pump i have in my boot, it has the brand name ECCO on it and has 1LM written on it. I'm guessing this means 1 litre/min. See if you have any info to do with prices and specs on it at work for me if you get a spare minute to play with. It's cylindrical, about 2/3's the height of a coke can and is made from black plastic. I dont want another one, just curious to know what it's dealio is.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey J. Reply with quote

Can't help with the ECCO. The supplier maybe out of stock but they're also a Melb. supplier, but I'm not defending them if they're just f**king you round. The 106 should be OK. The Nikki has a return line so any extra pressure won't be a problem.

Yonnee.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Appreciate the help... Reply with quote

Thanks heaps, once again you're a life-saver (or is that Gemini saver ?). I'm picking it up 1st thing tomorrow and bolting it in before i head off to work.
I measured the voltage at the fuel pump (external stuffed one) and it fluctuated between 10.5 to 12.5, so at least whoever fitted it has saved me the hassle of wiring it up to a 12 volt feed. I'm guessing that the fluctuating is normal. Thanks again.
Jasyn..
P.S I know i will probably come across the answer in my travels, but does the 32/36 (future mod) also have a fuel return line ?
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Appreciate the help... Reply with quote

some do some don't depends on what model you get and what year corty you get it off,

cheers
Eggy
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Thanx 4 helping out Reply with quote

Thanx Eggy, i came across the answer after taking another look at Ben Wight's conversion site.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: