HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Converting a Wagon to a Van

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Converting a Wagon to a Van Reply with quote

I have a TF wagon that I'd like to convert to a p/van. I heard this is possible by getting the panels from a p/van and putting them in place of the rear windows.

This prolly sounds kinda dumb but my wagon has 2 rear windows, the panel for the p/van looks to be 1 large panel. Is my wagon not able to be converted or do you have to put the panel over the windows or something.

How does one go about fitting the panels and also what panels will fit on a TF wagon ?

Any help appreciated.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a Wagon to a Van Reply with quote

have a good look at the galleries, the gem PV's still have the centre window pillar just a fibre glass panel covers the possition of the windows and the centre pillar,

then only problem you will have is that the windows in a PV are actually plated over with steel and holes are pre drilled for the fibre glass panels,

1st of all finding good side panels will be hard,

if you find them on a car have a good look at how they attach,
cheers
Eggy
FJ2047
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting a Wagon to a Van Reply with quote

I did half the conversion you are wanting to do. My panelvan had a blind spot window, only the front half was covered. I found a ful side panel and have now put it on instead. Quite simple
Remove all the glass. Weld in sheet metal to the spot welded seam. Drill holes in metal to screw the panel on. And your done.
The panel is held on by 6 screws which you will see if you find the panels.

Cheers

Jordan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: