HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

The mission 4 more HP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdwepn
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: The mission 4 more HP Reply with quote

gday
i dont like to get betten when im racen, i have won a few drags but i always remeber the ones that i lose , i have lost the last few drags and this has sent me into a "I need more Hp" mode , ill tell ya about what i got under the bonnet at the moment.
Engine: G180 bored 40 thou
Induction: downdraft 2 throght holly twin 4.0 jets(on a ported and polshed manafold)
Head: tx 1.6L, ported polshed with a 3 agle valve job
Cam: 30/70 waget camshaft
Crank: ground crankshaft
Pistons: fedrel mobel 10:1 pistons
Exhaust: extractors to a 2.5 inch straight threw with
a 2.5 inch crome dump pipe
i was thinken bigger cam ,then i was thinken bigger carbie then electronic ignition ..... but i dunno if i need a bigger carbie or i need a bigger cam maybe i need somethin else , i want to keep the engine N/a.
HELP
Any one got any idea on what more i can do to my engine to get more HP ???

cheers
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The mission 4 more HP Reply with quote

You spell really badly.

Your engine internally sounds good, and exhasut is good, but I think both your carb and cam are letting you down a bit.

For starters, I would be fitting a bigger cam.

How much ignition timing are you running. If you dont know, then how about just telling me the static timing of the dizzy. You might be able to run more, and have the advance occur sooner which will make more torque.

Also, the 2 barrel holley you have, what type of holley is it? How big is it? 4.0 jets, what are these? Is this the diameter of main jets you are running? If so, I think I know why you are not making enough power.

I would be opting for a pair of carbs on the appropriate manifold, maybe a pair of IDF downdraught webers on a manifold.

HP revolves around getting as much air into the cylinder with as little inlet restriction as possible, squezzing it as much as possible, and then getting it out of the cylinder with the least amount of restriction possible.

You have the exhasut and sqeezing side of things covered, but you need to get more air into the cylinder, and consequently reduce the inlet restriciton. A bigger cam and beter indection system (carbs and manifold) will do this.

Ben Wight.
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The mission 4 more HP Reply with quote

hey man

to get serious power you need to spend serious money....

how much does the gem have now.... and how much do you want.

it may be worth wile taking a run down to a local TURBO/SUPERCHARGER shop.

i think a twin 22pound turbo would really give you some serious power and the extra speed. or you could get NITRO but from what ive heard it can be costly and pays around woth the motor......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: