HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2l/1600 head??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim hill
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: 2l/1600 head?? Reply with quote

i just put a g200 in my car with the normal g200 head on it. i didnt get the head tested to see if it was straight and blew a head gasket when i drove the car. now im getting a 1600 head from a tx, casting number14 with bigger valves, ported polished and a cam put in it and alloy rockers off another head. has anyone done this and will it be ok on the 2l if i run it on optmax.
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2l/1600 head?? Reply with quote

Should be fine. It pays to enlarge the water galleries on the head to match the G200 Gasket. You only need to make a groove not an incision. It just enables the gasket to seat the way it was intended as far as Im concerned. Make sure your timing chain and tensioner are new or in really good condition because there is alot more slack in the chain with the 1.6 head and the self adjustment runs near its limit. Still be prepared to change a head gasket every couple of years though.
tommop
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2l/1600 head?? Reply with quote

Last edited by tommop on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2l/1600 head?? Reply with quote

no need for the optimax.it will only give an extra 1 or 2 ron anyway.
spud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: