HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTENTION BADGER!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: ATTENTION BADGER!! Reply with quote

hey mate, sorry to bother you, but you seem to know your stuff about webers. Ok just a quick question for ya, well i've got myself a G200 of a mate, and wanna do the swap, but the carbie is stuffed so i wanna know if the single side draft weber i got, will fit onto the G200 without having to get the TX brake setup? Oh and one more thing, Do parts of my standard 1600 fit onto the G200? like carbie, startermotor? just stuff like that??
thanx mate, really appreciate any help,
cheers
steve.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION BADGER!! Reply with quote

sorry mate, but I know nothing about g200's. if you have the g200 already, then you should be able to see if your manifold fits onto the engine (just take the old one off and trial fit the new one). as long as the manifold goes on, then you can fit the weber.

from what I know the g200 is nearly the same size (or exactly) the same size as the std 1600, so you will have the same problem with the m/c res. it is pretty easy, basically you just have the res mounted on the wall of the engine bay and two hoses from the bottom go to the intakes on the m/c where the old res fit. you could make it up yourself with a couple of 10cm lengths of tube and some hose clamps, and maybe some fiddling around.

if they are same block and bell housing then the starter should fit, you need to use the g200 gearbox, or at least the internals of it (also hearsay). you really need to talk to someone who has done the conversion.
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION BADGER!! Reply with quote

If its a G200 SOHC (same shape as the stock motor) then yes, the 1600 starter motor, manifolds etc will all bolt up including the gearbox but the carby will need to be rejetted to suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: