HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rotor gemini --(frank)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: rotor gemini --(frank) Reply with quote

What would be the easiest rotary to fit a Gemini?? 12A or 13B?? and how much would this roughly cost and what conversions have to be made??
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: rotor gemini --(Anthony) Reply with quote

There use to be a place that offered "off the shelf" kits for rotary conversions for Gemini's. The place was called Oz Developments @ Morebank(Sydney) Don't know if the place still exists. The other place to try may be Castlemaine Rod Shop that seem to have a huge number of bits and pieces for engine conversions. The kits usually consist of modified engine crossmember and trans cross member. I'd consult an signatory engineer before purchasing any bits and piece if the car is intended for road use.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: rotor gemini --(Roger) Reply with quote

I test drove a fully RTA approved 12A Turbo conversion and could not believe how simple the conversion was.
A piece of 60x30(or 50x25)mm RHS was BOLTED to the timing cover and to the side chassis rails. A days work I would say. The gearbox crossmember was just as simple - all this was done by FORMAZ in WA.
Look into RTA approval for this type of installation in your state.
Good luck
justplainslippin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor gemini --(Anthony) Reply with quote

yo wassup guys i'm the proud owner of don't cringe a vauxhall chevette wagon this is exactly the same shape as your gem version other than the front quarter panels grill etc i'm toying with the idea of a front panel conversion and motor conversion and this leads to my dilemma i need some advice , motors, i've looked at rotors 12a bridgy or 13b turbo j port but these are goin to be considerably $$$ to certify on dis side of da ditch, bedford cf 2.3l was lookin good but then i'd go through tires pretty quik,
i'm runnin factory spec at da moment ie:1298cc 4spd box ,17inch evo r's an bla bla but i want fuel economy and power .
Q:is the gem tf 5spd the same length as the earlier 4's ,does the tf come out with 1.6l or 1.8l or both ,isuzu motors obviously.
Q: do you think the panel conversion will be a bolt on thing or a pain in the ass job?
ps to the dude with the sik glass jobbed green gem who did ure glass work an what did it cost ya ?
you guys are a bunch of fucken legends
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: