HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

isuzu motors/5spd trans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: isuzu motors/5spd trans Reply with quote

isuzus are the most sort after engines for gemini's aren't they??? why r they??? is there any cheap mods i can make to give it a little bit more grunt, i can barely even get a bald tyre in the wet to spin!!! it takes off quick (enough) but i would like that little bit more...as with all of us, another thing....i'm having problems changing down to 1st gear it's only when i'm driving @ about 2000 rpm (guessing) that i can change out of 2nd into 1st, i can't really use 1st to slow me down if i take off quick and need to stop in a hurry , unless i crunch the gears...sorry my messages are like friggin novels to read(compared to most) but i'm having a fair few probs i only bought the tg last friday! thanks alot - Adrian
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: isuzu motors/5spd trans Reply with quote

Man if i was you, i wouldn't be trying to put it into first at 2000rpm, u might find it a bit easier to get it into first or even second gear for that matter, if you Heal and toe, dunno about anyone else, but i find it pops into gear pretty easy if i do that while changing down gear. I remember i found it hard to change down into second and foind it almost impossible to get it into 1st while the car was still moving. But once i got the hang of heal and toe, it was piss easy. But you should watch out doing this in the wet if ya need to stop quickly, the rear wheels tend to start skiding. I found out the hard way, facing on coming traffic at a set of traffic lights. anyways, hope this helps
cheers
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: isuzu motors/5spd trans Reply with quote

yep thanks for the tips
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: isuzu motors/5spd trans Reply with quote

heel and toe
heel and toe
slide 2 3 4
heel and toe
heel and toe
slide 2 3 4
YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just be a country boy and do the heel and toe poker it changes down easier or if your no good at country dancing double clutch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: