HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Any Ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get an Unregistered Gemini to my house? preferably legally, need to get it from Keysborough to Cheslea, so it's a bit of a distance. I don't know much about this. so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx again
cheers
steve.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

tow it, slap it on the back of a truck etc. i dont see any other way, legally. illegally the sky is the limit.
cant you put on TRAFFIC number plates or some crap when you going to the RTA?
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

I dont know about the laws where you are, but here you can go to the RTA or DOT or whatever you call it and apply for a day permit. It's kinda like rego for 1 day, it costs about $40-$50. As long as your car is drivable you can drive it to the destination stated on the permit.
Jasyn...
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Yeh, ummm maybe you could try registering it.

that might work...not sure tho.
Razz
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

You can pick up an unregistered vehicle permit from Vic roads valid for a week/month then just drive it.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Like most Gemini's, it probably needs a bit of work before he can get a roadworthy on it to get it registered Razz
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

or if you know anyone working in a caryard, u could borrow a trade plate off them for the day? done that before and it works:)
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Thanx for the help guys, but i think i'm going with the Illegal option, either drive it down late at nite, or slap on a tow rope and tow it down. hehehe. I don't plan to get this car registered, i just wanna strip it for parts, engine, box, etc.. Then just dump it or sell it, gonna see it tonite.
Cheers
steve.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: !!!!ddeeeeeerrrrr.....!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

use a trayler obviously!!!!.................
or you could cut it up into small pieces, stick it in the little barbi basket on the front of ya sisters tricycle and peddle it back to you joint!! heheheheheh Just kidding! a trayler would be the go.
GENE
OR....... hire a helicopter!!! that would be cool....... maybe expencive but VERY cool! the chicks will be hanging of ya then!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!ddeeeeeerrrrr.....!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

looks like whatever they put in your food Gene is of the long acting variety... ;o)
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!ddeeeeeerrrrr.....!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Trailer sounds good, but pretty hard to find one. Anyway me and some mates are going to tow it on da back of a ute, that should be alrite. Only bugger now is, where the fuck i'm gonna keep it til i do the engine swap. already got 5 cars in the family, plus one in da backyard. Soon it's gonna start lookin like a car wreckers, hehehe. Oh one more thing, does anyone have any ideas on where i can do this engine swap? i have no room to do it at my joint
cheers
steve.
gabz20
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Pffffft legal....... just steal some plates of your old ladies car.......go for a small joyride, ripping up front lawns etc, maby chase the odd pedestrain.stop at the pub,
and reach your destination comforatably and on time.
gabz20
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas? Reply with quote

hehehe just jokin man.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: HEY GENE Reply with quote

I'LL HAVE WHATEVER YOUR HAVING DUDE! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: