HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wanted te diesel tacho

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

i have a gemini diesel and looking for the tacho in the dash also how is it hooked up it dosent have a coil of corse thanx
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

good luck, as far as I know they never made a tacho for the Diesel Gem, but I could be wrong,

Cheers
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

i dont know about the TE's the only diesel te i have seen didnt have a tacho but all the TF/TG ones do i believe
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

no gemmy diesel came out with a tacho in aust. The drive for a taco would have to come off a crank sensor of some sort if u want to do it.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

yes they did. the TG diesels definitely had them and they run off the coil not a CAS. if you want proof have a look in the TG owners manual of which i own one
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

hang on diesels dont have a coil do they.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

And I've only ever seen TE model deisels.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

according to glass's guide, diesel gems were sold in oz from 1981-84 (te to tg)
since diesels are compression ignition, I doubt very much that they had a coil to run a tacho from. they would need a cas to time the injection however.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel... and Badger. Reply with quote

As much as I trust the glass's guide, I have catalogues at work that tell me parts for TF & TG coupes. My 50 years of Holden also says the engines were "same as TE" in TF & TG's, but as I said, I've only ever seen TE diesels.

Oh, and Badger, remember the "conversation" you had with Gemwrk regarding harnesses, the one that lead to him cracking the shits and abusing everyone and getting banned. No excuse for what he said, but he was actually correct. Harnesses have to be Australian Standards compliant, AS2596. The Australian Design Rules might be what you were thinking of. ADR 5/.. refers to seatbelts in road cars.

Yonnee.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

i have had a look in my genuine holden parts book and it lists two types of tacometers for the tg : petrol and diesel so u are right nick, The bible says so! however i have never seen a diesel tf or tg but wonders never cease.
sooty
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

TG diesel had a 6000 rpm tacho instead of the petrol 8000 rpm tacho. I dont know how it drives but you can get after market diesel tachos that get a signal from the altinator.

Definatly built TF diesel geminis I have one.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

just found out the diesel tacho was cable driven
cheers
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted te diesel tacho Reply with quote

The gem diesels had mechanical injection, so I dont think they have a CAS .. but difinatly no coil ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: