HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GHL Locks - ATTN: Racegem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: GHL Locks - ATTN: Racegem Reply with quote

Hey Yonnee,

I dug out the catledog they sent me with the GHL locks. They are a mob called American Autoparts in Homebush & Beverly Hills Sydney. I think from memory I paid about $120 which included $5 for the catalogue I have in front of me, and postage to Canberra?!.

They're on the net @ www.americanautos.com.au or amail aapsales@americanautos.com.au

These guys offer direct competition for the hotgemini online shop - but hey competition is about keeping the prices down so I don't see a problem. You can buy just about everything you need for any model gem (new) from these guys and the service was great - 2 days to deliver.

C'Ya
Dave
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: GHL Locks - ATTN: Racegem Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I've been doing some enquiries today about finding a supplier. At the moment, the prices from some places make it not worth keeping, would be too expensive retail. If I can find out who the importer is, I can get a better buy price and look at stocking them. Good to hear somebody else giving good customer service, hope it wasn't just a one-off (even if they are our competitor).

Yonnee.
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Dear racegem Reply with quote

Hi there Yonnie!
A friend tells me you work at autobarn! Hes name is Rodney!
Well Im almost ready to paint my TD Wagon and its time to do the underneth such as body deaden and as part of it I have a bit healthier diff to put in wht would your price be on the rear control arm bushes and alll the other bushes I need for the sway bar, Ive already go an adj panhard rod etc! What bran would the be? Pedders stock that superpro brand which we had problems on my mates te so im a bit unsure they quoted me $120.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gemgem...and no "i" in Yonnee. Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do. Good Friday we're closed so I'll try Sat.
Where are you guys? What's Rodneys "logon"?

Yonnee.
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Gemgem...and no "i" in Yonnee. Reply with quote

Im not sure of his logon but hes from coldstream he recomended you for good service and i live in boronia. Let me know on the prices if u could!
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemgem, prices. Reply with quote

I think you might mean Mana.
OK, these prices are only autObarn recommended retails. The brand I looked up was Nolathane, and the prices are for the kit needed for the car for that item.
Panhard rod; $29.00
Rear control arm, front; $42.00
Rear control arm, rear; $42.00
Rear sway bar mount, ('D' bush); $24.00
Rear sway bar link; $100.00. (this one I'll check on as to why it's so expensive)
I have access to other suppliers including Pedders so I can get pretty much what you want.

Regards,
Yonnee.
p.s. sorry it took so long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: