HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New Gemini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: New Gemini Reply with quote

Everyone I have great news you are all gonna love this. I have heard from a mate of mine that works in Holden that a brand new car is going to be released in the next few years and will be named "Gemini". It is based on an Opel design from Europe. Holden believe that seeing as the original Gemini released back in 1975 was such a success that they have bought the rights to use one of Opels prototypes to use as the ALL NEW GEMINI.

I have only sketchy details but it is going to be rear wheel drive to keep the Gemini spirit going and will come with an all alloy 2.0L 24valve four cylinder and there is a 1.8L turbo version on the drawing boards. I'd absolutely love to see the Gemini brought back to life again.

And rumour has it that Nissan are developing a similar project based on the Datsun 1600. I'd definitely want to buy one of the new Geminis when they are released.
Look out for the next issue of MOTOR and WHEELS magazines for all the information.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

First I've heard. Cool though Surprised)
I've heard about holden bringing the Torana back though.
Are you sure you mean 24-valve? That would be 6'valve per cylinder...........again, cool though!
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

Some of the more astute readers of Street Machine will notice that the pictures of the "Torana" in the last issue were very, very similar to a prototype orginally called the GM 2800 (I think) that formed the styling basis* of the VT Commodore - it was produced, virtually unchanged, as the current shape Opel Omega.

The pictures seemed to recall the original press releases of the Omega, but with some additions and alterations. While I would be among the first to enjoy seeing a medium-sized, rear-wheel-drive sedan join the Holden stable (most likely as a replacedment for the Vectra) I am dubious of the existence of the project, I must admit.

Looks to me like a punk with Photoshop has modified the GM2800 photos more than anything.

*Note, for any fucks that know nothing of Holdens, that the GM2800/Opel Omega (or whatever it was called) only formed the basis of the RWD Holden Commodore and shares no parts with it except the interior grab handles and the C-pillar flash panel. That information is for those who want to tell me that:
a) The current Commodore is just another Opel
and
b) Those who think that it has no Opel connections at all

Cheers
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

I am more than dubious, I am openly cynical....
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: new commodore Reply with quote

hey i know it's not a gemi but i got told buy a friend that works for hold en bout the new commodore comin out. it's a VY, it has the extra feature of sensors on the bumpers that tell you how close you are to any object around you.
if sum1 else knows anymore i'd be interested.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

Yeah well I think its due on April 1 2004. get it?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

Haha.
Shagin Wagin
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

Do you know if they are goning to remake the wagon and the coupe i really hope they remake the wagon because i would love that so much
keep me up to date if u know
thanks craig
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

Only in our dreams. The bastard duped us with an April fools ;o)
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gemini Reply with quote

what a fagger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: