HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone wanna help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone wanna help? Reply with quote

Anyone interested in helping me put a G200 in my gem? as i don't have a F$#%in clue how do to it. I know ppl say it's an easy conversion. But i'm a pretty supid guy that lacks in mechanic information, lol. I'm in Melb, so Any help at all well be great, even if it's just tellin me how to do it. I got the whole car for $600 so if ya need any parts of it, it's yours if ya can help me do the conversion.
cheers
steve.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wanna help? Reply with quote

It's not a conversion as such, it's more of a bolt in deal. Just remove the bolts to pull your existing engine out, and then slot the new one in. Get ice cream containers or similar and label them with where certain bolts or parts came from.
I had never removed or replaced an engine before i got my TX, It now has a G200 in place and it only took me two days (i went slow to get it right first time) by myself with a mate lending a hand here and there as a second opinion. Trust me, it's easy as... Just look at it as unbolting something (or many things) and putting all the bolts back where they came from. As long as you remember which bolt goes where, then you will be fine. You have this forum to ask questions if you somehow get into trouble, so it really is no biggy. And it's not a steep learning curve either.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
P.S I would help out, but i'm in QLD....
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wanna help? Reply with quote

I agree.
Was in the same boat years ago,never been there or done that but gave it a go and yea easy as.
Just do yourself a favour and hire a good engine crane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: