HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

oil pissin out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: oil pissin out Reply with quote

i'm having a bit of trouble with oil leaking out from my engine. It seems to be coming from the oil cap and it just gets everywhere. I replaced the cap with a brand new one but it still does it.

does any1 know why it would be doing this and a way to fix it
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pissin out Reply with quote

its the rubber seals on ur rocker cover bolts, american autos or rarespares stock replacement rubbers
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: oil pissin out Reply with quote

Clean it all down so that you can be #sure# it is your oil filler cap... if it is indeed your OFC then check the tappet cover vent tube (which goes from the top of the tappet cover to the air box) and see if it has bucketloads of oil in it... also check inside of your air box and check if it is soaked in oil.... clean everything, go for another drive and see if it fills itself with oil again... if it does, you probably have a broken ring or similar causing massive blowby.
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: oil pissin out Reply with quote

Then again, some of those replacement rubber filler hole caps just dont fit properly. does the new one sit so tight, that it doesnt move, or does it have some clearance? If it has clearance, then you'd better take it back and ask for one that fits.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pissin out Reply with quote

check yer air-cleaner...if its got oil above the carby-throat, youve got stuffed rings and/or a hole in at least 1 piston. i know...had the same problem twice...
rob
Heffy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Fits tight Reply with quote

the cap fits real tight
had to push hard to get the thing to go in
thats why i can't understand where the oil is comin from
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: