HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowering....prices....how much

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: lowering....prices....how much Reply with quote

I am wanting to lower my TE. First question is by how much?? Is there a generally accepted height for lowering gems?? Also, how much for a full set of lowered springs from the wreckers. I have a mate who lowered his pulsar by himself, the camber was seriously out. If using properly lowered springs, DIY jobs....is it then ready to drive away.....or does the camber etc have to be redone.
cheers......Tim
ps, i have looked through old posts ;O
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: lowering....prices....how much Reply with quote

The ideal lowering height on a Gem is about 1.5 - 2.0 inches . A stock Gem will measure approx 370 mm from axle centre to bottom of the guard lip (front wheel, ggod springs that have not sagged). Dropping it 2 inches will bring it down to 320mm, and make your tie rods parallel to the ground, which is the optimal and what you want. Your car will look nice and squat like a prestige sports car, and maintain good ground clearance. Any lower and you've been had by the wank factor.
Wreckers will prob want 10 - $15 per spring. The good thing about Geminis is, camber does not have to be redone on a 2 inch lowering job.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: lowering....prices....how much Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that mate......2inches allround would be ok then? you say the good thing about gems is the camber doesnt have to be redone on a 2 inch job.....Why is this??
cheers!.....Tim
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: lowering....prices....how much Reply with quote

Live axle has 0 degrees nomatter what and the only setting you can do on the front other than stock will give you extra negative camber. Maybe the decent double wishbone setup has something to do with the camber not changing much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: